Courtney Seymour, DVM
Dr. Courtney Seymour has lived in the North Texas area her entire life. She attended Pilot Point H.S., received her Bachelor's Degree at Tarleton State University, and graduated Veterinary School at Texas A&M University in 2016. Her passion is small animals but she has some experience with large animals. Her interests include soft tissue surgery and radiology. She married an Iowa boy named Chris. They have two Siamese cats. Kiwi (Herman) and Jazmin. They also have a rescue dog named Daisy. She is the light of her life (you have most likely seen her at the clinic :). In her spare time, you'll find her camping, fishing, watching the Dallas Mavericks or loving on her animals.
Fun Facts about Dr. Seymour
- She once was the bat girl for the San Francisco Giants
- She is an X-men enthusiast.
- Her favorite animal is a giraffe.
- Her favorite color is blue.
- Her favorite athlete is Dirk Nowitzki.
Jeannette Mawyer, DVM
Dr. Jeannette Mawyer grew up on a small horse farm in Amelia, Virginia. She attended Murray State
University in Murray, Kentucky for her Bachelor's Degree, where she also competed in barrel racing on
the Murray State University Rodeo Team. She then earned a Master of Science degree and Doctor of
Veterinary Medicine from Texas A&M University. She has experience working as an equine, mixed-
animal, and small animal practitioner. Her interests include soft tissue surgery and preventative care.
She and her husband, Tanner, have a Beagle named Buster Brown and Great Dane named Quinn, as
well as a cat named Nubbins, and three horses named Hank, Moose, and Jethro. Outside of work, she
is a homebody and enjoys gardening (although she's not great at it) and spending time with her
Fun Facts about Dr. Mawyer:
- She has lived in Virginia, Kentucky, and Oklahoma before finally settling in Texas in 2009.
- She grew up riding hunter/jumper horses as a child, then started barrel racing in high school.
- She worked as a teaching assistant for equine training laboratories through graduate school.
- She and her husband love country dancing.
- Her favorite color is teal or jade green.
- She LOVES chocolate milk.
Chris Seymour (Office Manager)
Chris Seymour grew up in Lamoni, IA. Chris received a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Graceland University in Lamoni. He has lived in the North Texas area since 2009. In 2014, he struck gold and married Courtney. Chris has a business background that started him in Minor League Baseball group sales. For the last 13 years, he has worked for a renewable energy company controlling wind farms across the U.S. In his spare time you can find him either bass fishing or crappie fishing.
-He actually attended elementary school with Dr. Seymour before moving to Iowa.
-He loves college basketball, specifically the UNC Tar Heels.
-His favorite animal is the Bald Eagle.
-He listens to The Ticket radio station non stop.
-He has two younger brothers, Tyler and Conner.
Krissy Hollingsworth (Technician)
Krissy grew up in Hattiesburg, MS, where she decided early on that she wanted to work in the veterinary field. She moved on to Starkville, MS in 2016 where she attended Mississippi State University majoring in Biology. She is currently enrolled in the veterinary technician program at Cedar Valley hoping to become a licensed technician in the future. She has a Siamese cat named Luna and a Shih Tzu / Pomeranian mix named Lala.
- Her favorite animal is the alpaca.
- Her favorite color is lavender.
- Her family owns a funeral home in McComb, MS.
- She loves tending to her plants in her free time.
Tayler Nelson (Technician)
Tayler grew up in central California and moved to Texas in May of 2018. She is loving her new life as a Texan and is attending University or North Texas as a Biology major. She has always dreamed of becoming a Veterinarian and is learning as much as possible before attending vet school in her upcoming years. She loves to cook, attend sporting events, and play with her German Shepherds, Franklin and Cooper. She looks forward to building relationships with new and returning clients.
- She can touch her nose with her tongue.
- She loves to watch college softball.
- Beef jerky and BBQ lays are her favorite snacks.
- She is happiest when riding extremely high roller coasters.
Sherry Hardin (Reception)
Sherry previously worked for Dr. Adams and we are happy to have her stay on with us. She has lived in the Denton County area and has worked in the medical field since 1998. She worked in a physician office as Custodian of Medical Records and in a veterinary clinic for the past three years. She has two children, four grandchildren and a tea cup Chihuahua named Princess.
- She loves spending time with her grandchildren.
- She enjoys listening to Christian music.
- She loves reading books in her spare time.
Renee Hobbs (Reception)
Renee grew up in Fort Worth, TX her entire life and is a country girl at heart. In 1999, she married her husband and love of her life, Tim. Together, they have three children and (so far) three grandbabies that are her world. She has a love and passion for animals. Renee has a herd of rescue cats and three Australian Shepherds (Ollie, Lila and Lydia). Renee also has a Blue Heeler mix named Lady.
- She loves to clean (weird).
- Her favorite snack is jalapeno poppers.
- She can't get enough of her grandbabies.
- She enjoys listening to Country and Christian music.