At Seymour Animal Care Clinic, our goal to offer the safest anesthesia we possibly can. We take the time to tailor a protocol specific to each individual patient's needs. Each patient will receive the following when having a procedure requiring anesthesia.
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork- this allows us to identify major underlying health concerns prior to anesthesia.
- IV catheter- This allows ease of administration of pre-anesthetic medications, induction drugs, and/or intraoperative antibiotics. It also provides direct IV access in the event rescue medications or fluid administration are required.
- Every patient is assigned a technician that is dedicated to monitoring vitals throughout the procedure. Changes and patterns in parameters can be quickly identified and action taken if necessary.
- Post-operative pain injection- Surgery hurts! Each patient will receive a pain medication at recovery.
- Additional pain medications or antibiotics- additional oral antibiotics or pain medications may be sent home if the doctor deems it necessary.